Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, January 08, 2016

Silly Site o' the Day

It's a good thing my toes have stopped aching so much, we did a lot of walking after Robin came into the city - down subway stairs, then up, then down again, then up at least four flights when the connecting train was having delays, then the walk across avenues which I'd been hoping to avoid by taking that connecting train, then the walk down to my old East Village haunts (most of which are gone but I was still awash in a wave of nostalgia)... I think I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow! But it was nice to have a Friday out, even if the point of it was to visit my brother in hospital as he recovers from his recent procedure. And it could have been far worse, like these Black Friday sale posters, or poseurs (via Brand Flakes for Breakfast). I'm not so sure some of this stuff wasn't in Jay's hospital food.

0 comments: