Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, December 04, 2015

The Citrine Anniversary

Seventeen years ago today, Robin and I traveled to City Hall in Manhattan to fulfill our obligation under his K-1 visa, which stated he had 90 days from his emigration date to marry me. It was not a chore.

A lot of people say marriage is something to be endured, or worked through, or tolerated. We've certainly had ups and downs, sickness and health, yadda and yadda. But I've never felt like our marriage has been a chore. We still enjoy being with each other more than with anyone else, Robin has only gotten more romantic as the years have passed, I still thrill waking up to that accent, and I really look forward to growing older with my brilliant and talented artist. Happy anniversary, my love.

0 comments: