Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

My right foot pain eased just enough for me to be able to drive to the Palisades Center without pain, although walking around in the mall was a bit of a challenge. Have I mentioned how much the moviegoing experience has changed? I don't see films outside the home that often, but the seats in the AMC theater there were plush and comfy and reclining, it was like they were all Barcoloungers or something. And I was right to bring earplugs, I heard everything perfectly with them in but would probably have been blasted by the sound had I not had them. As for the film itself - lots of fun. Hated the [SPOILER] death but it worked well within the story, loved the heroine (hint, she's not a Mary Sue, she's the protagonist; look it up, pro-tag-o-nist), even loved Emo Kylo Ren (via The Mary Sue, which is the Mary Sue). Pacing great, effects superb but they didn't overwhelm the story, it seemed to take the best of what worked in the first three films and made it better... my only real complaint is the same as the one Robin and I both had with Empire Strikes Back - it's a chapter, not a complete film. But even that doesn't bother me as much in 2015 as it did in 1980. So, overall big thumbs up, and alas, toes down, but I have my podiatrist appointment tomorrow...

0 comments: