Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Success! The holiday cards are bought, our annual "Riggs Residence Report" written and printed, tomorrow I buy stamps during lunchtime, and the comics are all checked off and sorted. At this rate all I'll have to do during my week and a half work hiatus (have I mentioned how much I love working at a company that shuts down for the entire period between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day?) is read comics, catch up on DVR'ed stuff (yes, there will probably be a Grimm-athon) and maybe, just maybe, see that Star Wars movie if enough people have it out of their system by then. To tell you the truth, all the tie-in ads and previews are starting to turn me off the movie, I feel like I'm all Star-Wars'ed out. Then again, SNL did this, so it's starting to balance out:



Via Laughing Squid. What a shame that even a parody ad features only boys (and men) playing with action figures, when it's been proven over and over again how many geeky girls (and women) exist.

0 comments: