Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

What a spectacular weekend. We decided to take a different route to Reading, down the NJ Turnpike to the PA turnpike to state roads, so much better than previous journeys down that one-lane not-so-super highway. I was a little disappointed at the prospect of not seeing enough nature down the turnpikes, but I needn't have worried - along both NJ and PA it seemed to be peak foliage, and the trees were absolutely gorgeous for the entire two and a half hour trip each way. We stayed at a lovely hotel in a not-so-lovely bed so I didn't get the sleep I would have liked, but Anna's company and the activities (we petted alpacas!) more than made up for it. On the way back we even spotted tons of hawks flying amongst the trees. Really majestic and very cool. But as I had to keep my eyes on the road I didn't really look for shapes in the clouds like this guy who likes to illustrate them (via Brand Flakes for Breakfast).

0 comments: