Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Silly SIte o' the Day

Another great say at the NY Comic Con, and we are happy but exhausted! We did very well financially again, and Robin had a ball doing free sketches for the kids! I'd worn my "Agent Carter"-like red fedora, 'cause I just like it and that's about as far as I take cosplay but it proved a bit too warm to wear indoors. So I took a page from Peter's playbook (for which I thanked him), turned the hat around and made it into a makeshift tip jar ("Hat o' the Tips" naturally). It was weird, people were like throwing money at us, and I didn't even have to dance! Come to think of it, I believe they would have asked for refunds had I attempted it. Afterwards we went out for an "inkers' dinner" with Joe Rubinstein and Phyllis Novin and talked shop and gossip and other such things. We're finally home and detoxing. Wish we'd had time to go to a pub, particularly one with cool signs like these, but hey, we live up in the sticks...

0 comments: