Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Tonight the solemn holiday of Yom Kippur began, and I wish all my Jewish relatives and friends an easy and meaningful fast. Back when I still did that ritual, I recall sitting in shul mostly thinking about food rather than self-redemption,so yeah, that worked for me. Of course, I still contemplate food more than I do any god:



Via Laughing Squid. Anyone else see the debut of the new Muppets show? A few chuckles here and there, but I was mostly disappointed. From the opening scene (when Dr. Benson Honeydew deliberately, gleefully and maliciously tases Beaker instead of the poor assistant getting hurt via some sort of unforeseen accident) onward, this was a show about kind of mean puppets interacting in real-world ways, rather than an optimistic, loving group of quirky characters having fun in their own reality. And gosh darn it, I miss Pigs in Space.

0 comments: