Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Wow, what an amazing summer day! Glad I got out during lunch, walking to and from Midtown Comics to get my biweekly haul. But whatever allergens are in the air have gotten to me, particularly this evening once I returned home to an apartment where the windows had been open all day. Got to see Caitlyn Jenner on the rebroadcast ESPY awards, which was kind of surreal because I'd been expecting her voice to have changed as part of her gender reassignment but she pretty much spoke in Bruce Jenner's voice. Still, her presence and ability to hold a camera's attention is still Olympic-level and the speech was quite nice. I didn't watch enough of the show to see if they had a memorial reel, but I know the recent Webby Awards did:



Via Laughing Squid. The worst part is, of course, that YouTube inserts ads at the bottom of the screen whilst I'm watching this.

0 comments: