Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, July 13, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Looks like Friday the 13th done fell on a Monday this month, but it was a pretty good day nonetheless, and I was interviewed after work by a Ph.D. candidate writing his dissertation about '80s counterculture. He seemed to believe INSIDE JOKE was somehow central to that, particularly to the zine scene, and in truth I hadn't enough recollection to say whether he was correct so I went with it. I'm so not a trendsetter, but it was fun. I should have taken him up on his offer of a beer, as that might have kept me in the city for Manhattanhenge, but I'm an old fuddy-duddy who wanted my fuddy-hubby so there you are. I wish him luck with his paper, and remind him how people argue about research they don't like (via io9).

0 comments: