Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Between yesterday's four hours of driving solo with no human navigator (Robin was under the weather) and getting other errands taken care of both yesterday and this morning, I was plumb tuckered out for most of the day. I hate enforced inactivity, but at least I cleared much of my DVR and got to see three World Cup games live, including the nifty Canada-Switzerland match that just finished. The only disappointing aspect of that game was that Canada still has a male head coach. The good news is, of course, that about half the teams do seem to have a female head coach, so things are improving incrementally. Now that Blatter is on his way out, maybe the next women's World Cup won't even be played on artificial turf! Yeah, I'm still steamed about that. No time like the present to plug the Unnecessarily Gendered Products Tumblr (via Laughing Squid.)

0 comments: