Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, May 08, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

This is how much I love my job: A few weeks ago it was pointed out to me that I've accumulated over two weeks' worth of "Paid Time Off" and, at KPMG, you're allowed to carry over a certain amount but beyond that it's "use it or lose it." Doctor visits only take up so many hours, and I was getting to the point where I needed a bit of R&R anyway. So I chose May 11-15, a week that a partner I support is going to be out of the country, told my coworkers and supervisors, and voila, it's done! It's also the first time in almost two decades that I don't have to worry about what things will be like upon my return, as every task I do has a backup. Oh, and this morning I had my first interim review since moving to KPMG's NY headquarters, and I'm still reeling from the positivity. I'm so relaxed I feel like these liquid cats. This is going to be the best "stay-cation" ever, I might even get caught up in blog reading! :)

0 comments: