Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, May 25, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Not going to post anything about Memorial Day that I haven't already said umpteen times on this blog (i.e., maybe someday we as a country will mature enough to stop blindly worshipping warmongers and calling the killing of soldiers "ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms" and such bullshit, and treat Memorial Day as it should be treated, as a time to reflect on the futility of war and do everything we can to ensure not one more person dies in battle). No, I'm going to use this space today to announce that, after four years, I have finally finished reading all the pre-"New 52" DCU comics from four years ago. It was a pleasant surprise to see a few of them inked by my husband. :) Now I'm supposedly ready for Convergence and whatever comes after it, but I'm not sure I'll ever be reading for "DC You," ably skewered here by @steviecoolest on Rich Johnston's site...

0 comments: