Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, that was way too short. I got a lot done, the IJs are now in the cloud awaiting downloading by the guy who wants to host them online (temporary technical difficulties), my ironing's all done, the kitchen is more organized and clean, I'm up to the "J"s in my pre-"New 52" DC reading, and I have fewer than 500 blog posts each to read in the three main categories that take me the longest. Healthwise, my insides are returning to normal, Rob helped color my hair today, and I'm fairly well rested. I both look forward to and dread returning to work tomorrow (I mean, 140+ emails??). Speaking of endings, Siobhan Thompson has left Anglophenia for apparently greener pastures (really though, not as green, California's drying up) and here's her farewell:



I love that the first two animals were the hedgehog (or as Robin jokingly calls it "hedgepig") and the British robin (I have one of those!). Here's the new host, Kate Arnell, explaining some differences between British and American homes:



I'm glad the series is continuing but I'm really going to miss Thompson.

0 comments: