Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

And so the days of falling behind begin. Unfortunately, I have to serve the duration of my jury duty, so will certainly miss the New York Comic Con tomorrow and possibly Friday. Schlepping to and from the county courthouse actually takes as long as going to and from Manhattan, and the surrounding neighborhood is fairly low-income with very little decent food for breakfast or lunch. Although I believe they do have the latest version of Carrot (via Laughing Squid):


At this point I've been chosen as a prospective juror but have yet to be interviewed to sit at a criminal trial set to begin in a few weeks and run for goodness knows how long (the judge was somewhat vague but she told us it would be at least 2-3 weeks), which would mean cancelling a slew of medical appointments and really mucking things up at work just as I was starting to kick into high gear. Alas, none of this coming weekend's thousands of cosplayers has loaned me a Princess Leia costume so I'll just have to hope for the best.

0 comments: