Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, May 09, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

Success! I met Robin at the Bronx County courthouse after work today (our first early Friday departure of the year!) to see if I could permanently excuse myself from grand jury duty, which in da Bronx consists of four days a week (10 AM to 6 PM) for an entire month. I went in, was asked for my summons, the woman wrote a note or two on it, said I'd receive a summons for regular trial jury duty in about six months, and that was it! The bus ride home was a trip and a half for an hour and a half (next time, bus-to-subway is definitely the way to go) but we stopped at a local restaurant to have a celebratory dinner, then walked home which gave me the chance to take lots of spring blossom photos before coming back to a noisy kitty scolding us for having been out. Sometimes I wish Amy were more like Henri:



Via Cute Overload.

0 comments: