Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

I found myself moving around with a bit less pain today, as I had to do the food shopping without Robin, but I lost my MetroCard somewhere along the way so that's $56 I'm out tomorrow morning, in addition to the now-increased rent. Good job I get paid tomorrow and, come my April 15 payday, get to reap in some overtime money. In the meantime, we relaxed with nice cheap TV this evening, where Neal deGrasse Tyson once more blew my mind with all his spacetime talk. My horizon is just an illusion? Oh dear! The universe's horizon is equally so? Help! Why didn't science stop discovering things when I left college? I can't fit all this new stuff in my middle-aged lady brain! Ah well, it's better to keep learning and questioning than to be stuck in the kind of mindset that would invent this game:



Via PZ Myers.

0 comments: