Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

I had been dreading today, what with my car stuck in our still-unplowed and somewhat-icy driveway/street with a huge mound of snow behind it, but things have a way of working out. My downstairs neighbor, who had to dig hers out on Thursday, gave me a lift to the local shopping district so I could do my errands, the bus was waiting on the corner as I finished my food shopping, delivery was pretty fast considering the loads they had to contend with, and when Robin met me at the bus and walked me back so I didn't slip in the driveway (even with ice treads it's reassuring to have his company) we met with a young lady who's part of the basement-tenant contingent (I still don't know who all is in that apartment and we've been here about a decade), to whom I immediately gave money to clear the snow away from my car - and she did an amazing job of it, so I think I can drive tomorrow! I'm very grateful for both neighbors and the NYC transit system. Speaking of the latter, BoingBoing has an interesting public transit map of the country, but I can't get the PDF at the moment because, as with many things that have been BoingBoing'ed, the original site has exceeded bandwidth...

0 comments: