Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Silly Site o' the Day

By noon today much of my uneasiness had, erm, eased. Our wonderful downstairs neighbor not only cleared the outside stairwell, but our car as well! Unfortunately, we're both a bit under the weather and it was too cold to consider venturing out anyway, so we finished up much of our fridge supplies and my reading pile went down considerably. Not to mention I slept a bit, but I suppose that's a given now on most winter weekends. And I spoke with Mom, who was looking for today's Silly Site, so just for her here's BoingBoing's review of the now-famous New York Times vocabulary quiz. They pretty much pegged my location from the words I use. I loved this sort of thing back when I was a linguistics major in college, before they had all these wonderful internet tools...

0 comments: