Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, December 23, 2013

Silly Site o' the Day

So I think three words one is least fond of hearing on the Monday prior to a fairly long holiday weekend are "surprise root canal." Turns out a tooth that chipped off last week did so due to the root being 95% or so decayed. Fortunately the other 30-something teeth are fine; unfortunately this means a few more visits to my new dentist for a permanent filling, post and crown. But it could be worse - I like the guy, he's friendly and competent and no-nonsense and informative, he actually called me at home this evening to see how I was doing (not a lot of doctors in this country do that sort of thing!), and he works in the same building I do. And he kept preparing me for pain that never came. A little soreness and lots of near-nauseating Novocain aftertaste, and that's about it. I guess the nerve really was just about gone! I'm still going to pick up my prescription today but I probably won't need any of the drugs. Speaking of which, here's a prescription drug generator via BoingBoing.

0 comments: