Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, November 02, 2012

Silly Site o' the Day

Attempting to post a Silly Site, as I've just learned how to interface between NetNewsWire (my RSS reader at home) and Google Reader so that flagged/starred items can be tagged into a separate folder, and I starred my Silly Sites last night during my 10 minutes of laptop use and am tagging them this morning so I can find them at work.

By the way, in case anyone's wondering, Con Ed has finally called me back in response to the outage report I submitted Monday evening. Their automated message is virtually identical to the PR person's spiel on the radio, they're "expecting the vast majority of customers to have power by next weekend" (November 10) and they'll call back with any updates. That's pretty much another week of no power. We're now set with extra batteries and tea lights, we're going over to KRAD's place tomorrow as he's kindly offered us recharging and wifi and such (I don't expect to be caught up again in blog reading for a long, long time), and by Sunday we hope to have enough gas in the car to keep Rob recharging during the weekdays to come until our power has returned. None of which does anything about the lack of heat, which is getting to be something of a problem. Nor the sudden lines for gas, which borders on the ridiculous (and collusion among gas companies, if one were being paranoid), but which I will probably attempt to join tomorrow morning. Bloodsuckers.

Speaking of which, Stay Young the Vampire Way! Via BoingBoing.

0 comments: