Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spooky

Slept fitfully and rose often. Back to work tomorrow, but things were still too unsettling this morning. Today would have been the day we celebrated Datsa's 20th birthday, and I keenly miss my kitty. Amy's a darling but she's more Robin's cat. Still no electric, if you're wondering. I think this is no longer my favorite holiday, at least this year.

We cleared out the fridge and threw everything away, then went out for lunch and Robin bought a power inverter for the car so we can use our laptop and such in there. Or here, as that's where I am right now whilst my phone recharges.

ConEd says it'll be at least a week before we can expect electricity to be restored, and judging by all the downed trees and smashed cars (mine is NOT among them) and non-working traffic lights in the area I can well believe them. But we're hanging in!

0 comments: