Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Silly Site o' the Day

Whew! I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. I finally activated a new smartphone, with Robin's help, and it's like going from the Dark Ages into the Renaissance. All the apps from my old smartphone that used to have to go on an SD card now fit on my new phone with tons and tons of room to spare. And the battery doesn't wear down constantly, and actually recharges while the phone's on! Really, I can't believe how much I was struggling with the old one, all to save a measly $10 extra on my monthly charge (and, um, the cost of the new phone, it must be said). So I'm an extremely happy camper now. And my car passed its yearly inspection, and the Olympics are still going on. I think. I mean, I tuned in tonight only to find an hour-long Brokaw-narrated documentary on World War II. As I wrote on my Facebook page, "not only has NBC decided to not bring us so many Olympic events live, but they spend a half hour in prime time yesterday with a 'Dream Team' documentary and a full hour tonight on WWII and Hilter v London? Yeah, nothing gets me in the mood for men's platform diving like a stroll through memory lane featuring the Blitz. Way to foster the spirit of international harmony and cooperation through sport, NBC!" Will someone please make an Untergang meme video of this outrage? Thank you. In the meantime, if you're Olympic'ed out, you might want to try Olwimpics, the Olympics blocker (via BoingBoing). How can I be sick of the Olympics if NBC never seems to show them properly? Now if you'll excuse me, it's back to my smartphone!

0 comments: