Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Silly Site o' the Day

White Rabbits! In honor of the day when we celebrate Amy's birthday, I actually went through the cats' medical records to determine once and for all their ages. You think I'd keep better track, but I'm just not good with such things for some reason. The final verdict: Datsa was born sometime in the autumn of 1993 (we celebrate his special day on Hallowe'en), making him 18½; and Amy was born in the spring of 1997, making her 15. This time I wrote the birth years on their medical files so I don't have to go through that again.

But that's not what most of you want to hear. You want to hear about the Silly Sites I found on this, the silliest of days. Well, I haven't found too many, but I suspect more will trickle in as the week goes on. Here are today's offerings:

Via Neil Gaiman, the interactive Chinese Google website. Do click on it copiously.

Via Empty Handed, it looks like Flickr is going forward into the past.

And via io9, the new Reddit timeline threatens to outdo that other social media's mandatory timeline design.

Any others I've missed, while I was busy reciting my cats' ages over and over so I don't forget again?

0 comments: