Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Tis the Season

Once a year I link back to my "Wholly Trinity" of Christmas-related media culture essays from nine years ago, and today's the day:
My overview of various televised and movie versions of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol -- You Shall Be Upheld in More Than This*

My love-hate relationship with Rankin/Bass cartoons -- "So That's Where He Got the Crown of Thorns!"

My Christmas music post -- I Hear People Singing, It Must Be Christmastime
Enjoy! Our annual online card appears in this space tomorrow, but Robin's already made it his Facebook photo. If I can deal with it I'll try to enjoy A Christmas Carol online later by accessing the original text...

*This needs major updating since it doesn't include Disney's 2009 computer-animated version with Jim Carrey, as well as a few others I've acquired in the meantime. I've started work on a comparison chart, but with this illness I haven't actually rewatched all the Christmas Carol versions I have yet, so I'm afraid it'll be updated next year along with (maybe, just maybe) the other two essays. Something to look forward to during Pen-Elayne's 10th anniversary year!

Now, back to NORAD tracking Santa!

0 comments: