Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Silly Site o' the Day

A lovely day indeed! Most of the morning was spent at the auto shop getting my car's quarterly oil change and safety check, but hey, they have free wifi so I was happy. And we checked out the new Whole Pocketbook Foods store in Yonkers, up on a hill where they're apparently building a mall as well as lots of condos. The view of I78 must be really spectacular, not to mention the view of the Stew Leonard's employees possibly quaking in their boots at the new competition or even more possibly surreptitiously submitting their resumes. In any case, a terrific afternoon for a short drive in a tuned-up vehicle. And this evening we watched the third Narnia movie, which only slightly confused me as I still haven't sat through the second. But way back once upon a time I know I read all of them - actually, twice upon a time, if I recall correctly. The plots and other niggling details, of course, I cannot recall at all. Which is why I have a library, so I can theoretically reread any of my fantasy and sf books whenever I want to and it'll still all seem like new again. Speaking of which, here's an interactive flowchart guide to NPR's top 100 fantasy and sf books (via io9), in case you have more time on your hands than I do.

0 comments: