Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Silly Site o' the Day

We're headed out to visit Mom in the Land of Dial-Up later this morning, so no more posting today, not that anyone would notice because I'm no longer sure anyone reads this blog any more besides me and a few friends and relations. Ah well, it's what I get for not posting more often, having a life, playing Words With Friends when I have no life, etc. But enough about me, let's travel back to the 1960s, or was it the 1940s? Some Etsy seller was confused so April Winchell thought she'd take that ball and run with it. Thanks to Regretsy's clever viewers, these 40s-or-was-it-60s war propoganda posters are the hilarious result. At least for those of us born before 1980 who actually know the difference between the two eras! This was one of my favorites:



But then it would be.

0 comments: