Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Silly Site o' the Day

A good day for catching up, when I probably should have slept more after the Yankee Stadium Macca-stravaganza. (Sorry, I'm tired.) As if to make up for last night's weird jingoistic sight of a Knight of the Realm running about a stage waving a giant American flag while 50 thousand-plus attendees mindlessly chanted "Ooh ess eh, ooh ess eh," the USA women lost the World Cup to Japan today, and I couldn't be more thrilled. (To be fair to McCartney, an equally massive Union flag was also on display; kinda reminded me of our apartment window in the days after Nine-Eleven and before Iraq.) I spent most of the day watching sport and catching up on DVR'ed programs whilst ironing, and am pleased to say I have finished the latter and at least caught up on the former to a great extent, including slogging through at least four episodes of Web Soup, the only real gem from which was this video:



Because Fred Willard, so there.

0 comments: