Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Rudderless Until Robin

A rare non-linky post from me via my smartphone, because the landlord's assistant yanked out our cable wire and now we have no TV or net or landline phone. Very much of a pain. He was only supposed to disconnefct dishes not in use; turns out our basement neighbor uses a dish he took. Fun fun fun! Update: Have I mentioned my husband's a genius? The smartphone wasn't working either, as it kept searching for the network (which still exists, there was just no connection) and, not finding it, got caught in a constant self-reboot loop. Once Robin got that to stop, he went to work on figuring out how to connect the router and landline phone base to our bedroom TV, which is connected to the system via a different cable. So we have our internet and phone back; the only (temporary) casualty is the living room TV and DVR. I'm not going to lose any sleep over not being able to record Bill Maher.

0 comments: