Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, January 17, 2011

Silly Site o' the Day

My boss is back, but thanks to my self-improvement work (and a very encouraging evaluation from my supervisor) I seem better able to take the stress that dealing with him can sometimes trigger. I'm making enough headway on my blog reading that a blogaround before month's end isn't entirely out of the question. I'm even attempting to plow through all my unread comics; I'm up to X-Factor now, then the Marvels are out of the way, with only a handful of "indies" (non-Big Two) before I get back to my DC pile. Oh, speaking of Marvel, one of the reasons I didn't take the bait when Billy tried to get me interested in comics back in college was that I didn't care for the time and commitment required to follow soap operas (never watched the stuff myself), and I knew comics required that level of keeping-track-of-things plus you had to pay for it too. This chart via io9 only confirms those suspicions. The sad thing is, I fear I actually recognize most of the faceless icons (most of whom have back stories I never bothered to learn)...

0 comments: