Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, December 24, 2010

On the Eve

It's that time again, so here are the links to my "Wholly Trinity" of Christmas-related media culture essays, from back when I had the time to expound upon such weighty matters:
My overview of various televised and movie versions of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol -- You Shall Be Upheld in More Than This*

My love-hate relationship with Rankin/Bass cartoons -- "So That's Where He Got the Crown of Thorns!"

My Christmas music post -- I Hear People Singing, It Must Be Christmastime
Enjoy! Our annual online card appears in this space tomorrow (Robin really outdid himself this year), but the link is up now on my Facebook page. And of course, in my opinion one of the best ways to enjoy A Christmas Carol online is to access the original text and, hey, read it out loud for yourself!

*(I note that this probably needs a bit of updating since it doesn't include Disney's 2009 computer-animated movie featuring Jim Carrey, so for now let me just say my nickname for this version is "Mr. Scrooge's Wild Ride" and leave it at that.)

0 comments: