Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, that was a fun rally. Like any reasonable person with other things to do on a lovely weekend (we went to Macy Park again this morning for a last foliage photo shoot, then grocery shopping and picking up of dry cleaning) I watched Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and about 150,000 of their closest friends from the comfort of my living room. I suppose it wasn't their fault that all the musical acts this side of Kid Rock sounded like they were from the '70s (I know The Roots and John Legend are both contemporary acts but I could have sworn I was listening to Sly and the Family Stone and Marvin Gaye with just a little hip-hop added), but I also have to say my favorite bit was the "medley" of Yusuf "Cat Stevens" Islam doing "Peace Train," interrupted by Ozzy Osbourne singing "Crazy Train," then ultimately the O'Jays getting it together with "Love Train." And I'm sure Jon Stewart's 15-minute closing speech already has a million YouTube hits. Some good placards as well, and you can still go to Sane or Not to state your preferences for similar signs. Here's hoping all the signs point to a positive direction now.

0 comments: