Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

So Fox is still blacked out on our cable system due to its continual nose-thumbing at Cablevision, which has offered affected subscribers a refund if they pay to view the World Series on MLB.TV. So guess what I'm doing? On the one hand, no ads; on the other, no graphics (like, you know, the balls and strikes and outs) and you have to pick the camera angle(s) yourself. Still, it's cool to watch well-played baseball in real time, and it allows me to blog and do some ironing as well. If only I hadn't been up since 5 AM (I had to be at the office by 7:15 to set up for an early meeting). The score's currently tied in the middle of the 5th inning as I type, so I'll have to consult my local Science Tarot deck (via Arthur Hlavaty) to determine the outcome at this point...

0 comments: