Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Belated Friday Cat Blogging*

Happy Halloween! Sorry I missed National Cat Day, but today's the day on which we celebrate the birthday of our big black bright-eyed beautiful boy baby beast! Who is now eighteen in people years! Hard to believe I've had him for about 16 of those years now (Steve and I adopted him from our receptionist from two jobs ago, whose new baby was allergic, and I was told he was about two years old at the time). Aside from his peristalsis problem requiring daily meds (and the fact that he doesn't really have teeth any more) he's pretty darn healthy for an 18-year-old kitty! I celebrated with a Flickr set (which also contains a few photos of Amy because, darn it, she can really work it in front of a camera). I think this one's my favorite, as this is the look and paw action Datsa gives me most of the time (particularly when he's angling for food):


"Hello, Mommy?"

Yes, of course that's the Rally to Restore Sanity (and/or Fear) in the background.

Also got a couple photos of both cats this weekend, which I'm uploading directy to Blogger so you can click to embiggen:



"Oh, Fox is back on the air?"



"Face it, we're more entertaining anyway." And so they are.

*(Friday Cat Blogging is ™ Kevin Drum)

0 comments: