Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, August 20, 2010

Comics Into Africa

With the world seeming to be ever more unfriendly these days, any inroads we can make to inspire creativity, particularly in kids, is in my opinion A Good Thing. One of the masters of all Good Things, Alex Simmons, has embarked on a new project. Here he is talking about it on this site. A sample: "Recently we’ve been offered the opportunity to be part of a really fantastic experience. We’ve been asked to bring the Color of Comics exhibition and our KCC ROAD SHOW to the Senegalese American Bilingual School in Senegal Africa. When? December 3rd, 2010." They need to raise a little over $19,000 to accomplish this. I know times are tough - if Robin were working I could afford to pledge more than just my ability to publicize this via my blog - but if you have any disposable income to spare, Alex would greatly appreciate it. He's a terrific organizer, and this sounds like an amazing project.

0 comments: