Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, June 25, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

"You can call him/her" Al is now a former coworker, having left to follow his/her dreams elsewhere, but promises to still read this blog. So I have to remember to say hi to Al every now and then. Al, this one isn't for you, but perhaps you'll find it amusing anyway. Robin and I were watching the Weather Channel this afternoon - sometimes I can't help it, I like looking at "viewers sent this in so we don't have to do our job any more" shots of windstorms and stuff like this:



Anyway, I suddenly noticed that both the (female) anchor and Brian Williams (appearing in an ad for a special on the mess in the Gulf which apparently does not touch his clothing at all) were wearing outfits right out of the '70s. I swear, Williams had on this white leisure suit and the anchor was wearing ruffles and poufy sleeves. I turned back to the channel a few minutes ago and another female anchor was beruffled. What the hell is going on here? You cannot tell me the stuff I used to get laughed at for wearing in high school is making a comeback 40 years later! I mean, next thing you'll tell me Chia Pets have returned...



Ohhhhh... Via Lambert.

0 comments: