Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, June 04, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

Today's link isn't really a silly site per se as much as a recommended one. Amongst the many blogs by women I've collected through the years and stored in Bloglines (see sidebar for link) has been a lovely gem called Brilliant at Breakfast. Always loved the name. Run by a smart gal named Jill. Not sure why it wasn't on my main blogroll in the first place other than neglect and my tendency toward mutual link exchanges. Then someone else was talking about a post on there and they mentioned Jill's surname.

Immediately I went to Facebook to look for her picture. Which all but confirmed my suspicions. I knew Jill. Pretty well, in fact. Jill and I were very close friends decades before the term BFF existed. We lived one town apart, she wrote a few things for INSIDE JOKE -- her boyfriend, now long-time husband, was IJ's production person for a long time, and I believe I may have introduced them to each other. I know for certain that Jill introduced me to the world of The Firesign Theatre; for that alone she has my eternal gratitude. She will always have my love. Considering my best friend from college and my best friend from my late 30s/early 40s are both gone forever now, I can't tell you how much it means to me to be reconnected with my best friend from my 20s. (And I mean, connected! We've been chatting back and forth on Facebook for the entire time I've been typing this post.) Jill, I'm absolutely kvelling here. I adore you, darlin'.

And your blog is the bee's knees. Welcome to the blogroll. Should have done it long ago, even if I didn't know you were That Jill.

0 comments: