Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

Continued stomach problems plague me, although most of my other body aches seem to be on the wane. In any case, I was in the office by 8 and out by 12:30 and spent much of this afternoon sleeping, so my body must have needed to heal on some level. And it let me come home to the piles of snow all over our driveway (which has yet to be plowed) in daylight again. I notice most of the blogs, at least the few I've perused today, are talking about the Daily Show and Colbert report mocking climate change deniers saying that excessive snow in the US this February is proof that, um, we're not seeing more extreme weather as a result of global climate change? At least the Anti-Feathered Dinosaurs contingent (via Annalee at io9) are funny - they deny science (tongue in cheek, of course) because they don't think it's as cool as the fiction we're used to believing.

0 comments: