Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

And so we approach another Purim without me finishing Megillat Vashti, despite having a willing collaborator, artist, publisher and distributor. Fear of success strikes again! Actually it's more mundane than that, I've just been too busy at work, and when I finally have a few days off all I want to do is succumb to a few of the less savory of the seven deadly sins. This weekend I'm afraid it's been mostly sloth and gluttony. But in, you know, a good way; I've cooked myself a couple egg dishes for breakfasts and a nice tofu stir fry for today's lunch (alas, that and a couple yogurts could not remedy the real problem of the store-bought pre-packaged microwaveable "Buffalo strips" which constituted last evening's ill-advised dinner and today's rumbly tummy) and I've gotten through a fair number of Vertigo comics from the last two years' worth of DC comp boxes whilst, erm, "elevating my feet." I swear, I haven't even touched the Sushi Cat game (via Robyn Lee at Serious Eats, of course, with honorable mention to Carolyn Ibis via email), and by golly you'd think I would.

0 comments: