Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, September 07, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Happy blogiversary to me! I started Pen-Elayne on Rosh Hashanah seven years ago, which translates in the English calendar into 7 September, 2002. Here's my first post. My basic blog design remains the same now as it was then; I liked Blogger well enough then, despite its glitches, and I'm still there. The content was always more important to me than the design, in any case (is that ironic coming from an artist's wife?). Lots more to come during my celebratory blogaround later today. In the meantime, thanks to my late best friend Leah, in June of 2003 I started doing Silly Site recommendations, which are often the only new daily content nowadays with my busy work life. Here's one that made me laugh out loud this morning, whilst trying to catch up on my blog-reading: via PZ Myers, it's the tragicomic story of what happens when Clippy Finally Messes With The Wrong Word Doc.

0 comments: