Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Am I the only 51½-year-old who still marks half-birthdays? Anyway, today's mine, and to celebrate I started a food-mod program ("mod" standing for both "modification" and "moderation") to try and get a better grip on my health, diabetes situation, etc. Yeah, I saw my doctor yesterday. Anyway, I'm trying to break things into 5-6 smaller meals and seemed to be doing pretty well until dinner, mostly because there was a 5-hour gap between that and the previous snack. Robin's helping a lot, talking of elevensies and teatime, and at this point it's a matter of figuring out what I can buy (or bring) on my way into work to eat at 11 then 1 then 4... I was hoping for a food-related Silly Site today, but instead I'll present Apocryphacts (via Jeff at Alas), which is chock full of truthiness.

0 comments: