Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 06, 2009

Silly Sites o' the Day

No, I won't be going to see the Watchmen movie today. Although it was among the first comics I ever read (along with Crisis on Infinite Earths; I came to comics as an adult but at a very interesting time), as I've mentioned before my retention rate for fictional entertainment tends to be fairly low -- fortunately not a function of memory, as I have pretty good recall of many work-related things -- so to tell you the truth I really don't remember a lot of Watchmen, as seminal as it was and all. Heck, as seminal as INSIDE JOKE was in the '80s zine world, I don't even remember much of that, and I published it! But I digress. Via Heidi, the ultimate Watchmen cartoon opening (truly brilliant for those of us who cringe at our dim recollection of how cheesy Saturday morning animation was back when Watchmen was in its first run), and via just about everyone else, the latest in Der Untergang series, wherein Hitler spoils the ending of the Watchmen movie:



You'd think they'd know to spell "they're" correctly, and they seem to have a problem with capital letters, but I suppose the spirit of the thing makes up for its poor structure. Oh, and speaking of comics and silliness, don't forget that the extremely spiffy final issue of Sir Apropos of Nothing is currently in comic book stores everywhere!

0 comments: