Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Wow, what a great holiday party! Definitely the best company party I've ever been to. I really felt, for the first time, like I belonged somewhere. I haven't experienced anything remotely like that since the old New York Book Show award days when I worked at Lehigh. I'd utterly forgotten how terrific it was. Before the party we swung by the Parkchester section (about a 5-minute drive from the apartment building where I lived when I was a little girl) to pick up a coworker before heading into lower Manhattan, and thanks to our GPS everything was super-easy. Turns out the Deegan goes right into the Bruckner; who knew? Certainly not me, I didn't have a car when I was 5 years old!

So today the dishes are done, the incoming holiday cards put up on wreath holder hung in the hallway (photo to come when the holder gets more filled out), the outgoing cards ready to assemble with our yearly Riggs Residence Roundup, my Glyph Awards stuff in a neat little pile, my bills ready to pay...

˙˙˙ʇı ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ `ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıɹʇs `ou ˙˙˙op oʇ ǝlʇʇıl os `ǝɯıʇ ɥɔnɯ os

Yes, I feel just about that discombobulated sometimes. Upside-down writing site via Gerard.

0 comments: