Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

I just watched Rachel Maddow's coverage of the McCain and Obama comedy routines at the annual Alfred Smith rich-people-rattle-their-jewelry fundraiser (some pretty awkward moments when Obama mentioned those people outside the Waldorf Astoria not dressed to the nines). I thought McCain's delivery was much better than Obama's, and his jokes were a bit sharper too, but Obama's much better able to laugh at himself than his opponent is. Although it still creeps me out the way the politicians and media pal around with each other (not to mention the way the Presidential rivals keep reminding us of how -- to paraphrase Obama and swipe wholesale from Robin -- they're one big gated community and we're not). As I need to get rid of my political sites before the election, today's is Garbage Palin Kids (via Arthur). My brother Jay used to collect Garbage Pail Kids cards; as I recall we decorated the dog's bed with them.

0 comments: