Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

After a particularly lengthy typing/transcribing/writing session for much of my workday, I spent most of the rest of the afternoon and evening AFK, so sorry I haven't blogged till now. Been watching the DNC speeches on YouTube. So far I'm only up to Monday's speeches. "Uncle Teddy" hit all the right notes and it was just a blessing to see him there; I liked Craig Robinson giving his estimation of Obama's character from the POV of a basketball coach; and I thought Michelle Obama's greatest triumph was in being bold enough to offer definitions (in this case of what she meant by "values"), in an era when so many ideals have become no more than buzz-phrases, used more often than not in cynicism or sarcasm or just plain deception. And yeah, the kids are cute. Wouldn't it be terrific to see younger kids in the White House again? Tomorrow I catch up with the rest of the speeches - Biden, Hillary Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Clinton, maybe Kerry - any other recommendations? Oh yeah, I'll have to seek out Barack Obama's speech tonight. No, I'm not watching it, I'm going to bed now. Your Silly Site for today comes in the form of three fun blog posts from the Indecision 2008 blog's Dennis DiClaudio about what happened when Jon Stewart invited political journalists to an informal breakfast at the Democratic National Convention. Here's part one, you can click through to the other two parts from there. Well worth a read; nicely done, Dennis!

0 comments: