Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Between yesterday being a relatively quiet day at work and not having to get up at 6 AM today, I finally feel a bit rested. Also, it helps not to worry about my eyesight any more; ever since I got these new glasses my close-up and intermediate vision have been terrific but my distance vision, not so much. Went back to Sears for a re-check and, lo and behold, my prescription needs to be corrected. The frames needed adjusting and tightening as well, and I'm now seeing about 100% better with short distances (like the 10 feet to the living room TV) but it'll be great once I can see road signs again. Good thing I'm doing public transit to and from my job! Wanted to go to conveyor belt sushi again as long as I was out and about, but Rob's crashing after a deadline and not up to it, so for now I'll have to make do with these adorable sushi ornament heads on Playmobile bodies (via Adam at Serious Eats).

0 comments: