Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

I opted for a bit of a social life today in lieu of sitting at the computer, so after I made our omelets I went to meet Martha Thomases and other ComicMix folk at the Javits Center and secure my and Robin's badges. Very glad I got Rob's today, as the queue was only post-office length, and I'm sure tomorrow it'll be at least Disneyland length. Said hi to Heidi and a few others in the press room, so I feel as though my weekend's socializing has started already. (I'd wanted to link to this wonderful post of Heidi's, but it'll go by the wayside along with a whole bunch of other posts I just haven't gotten to this week.) Afterwards Martha showed me 'round a few of the bead shops on Sixth Avenue and we had a couple tasty salads, waiting about 20 minutes for the check, which meant I didn't get the 2 PM bus home as I'd initially hoped, but hey, 2:30 was fine, right? Alas, there must have been a bus breakdown or something. The 3 PM arrived about a quarter after, but I spent my 45-50 minute wait productively by participating in a phone interview that'll go to the in-person stage next Monday. The bus ride home was pretty long, I didn't get home until around 5 and then collapsed for an hour before making dinner, doing the washing up, helping Rob pack for tomorrow, putting away laundry... my gosh, I've now recited a literal laundry list, haven't I? In any case, I invite everyone to get in an artistic mood by trying this Sketch Generator (via Gerard). ComicMix is in office #10 again this weekend; come by and say hi!

0 comments: