Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

What with all the other things going on in my life, I haven't been keeping up my comedy bonafides as much as I should be. So I was delighted and somewhat exasperated when Mark Evanier's blog led me to My Damn Channel, "an entertainment studio and new media platform created to empower artists to co-produce, distribute and monetize original, episodic video content," featuring lots of stuff that there's just not enough hours in my day to watch, particularly the video work of the beyond-magnificent Harry Shearer. Here's the video to which Mark linked:



I'd always thought that "waterboarding" sounded like it would be perfect for a Beach Boys parody, and Shearer is spot-on here; my only (minor) quibble is that I think the tempo should have been a bit faster.

0 comments: