Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Happy Hallowe'en! My latest ComicMix column is up, and later today I'll be publishing a larger version of the photo that I had Robin take for the occasion, since today is also the day we celebrate Datsa's birthday and I wanted everyone to see my lovely FIFTEEN-year-old kitty. I've never had a cat this old, neither Gypsy nor Phredd made it past 12. As Amy's in double-digits too we definitely consider ourselves cat-blessed at the moment, particularly considering we almost lost the Dat a few years back.

Not only is he still around, but so's my monthly euphemism, making a timely return this morning right on the schedule my body used to have back when it did this every month. Since few things scare most men more than monthly euphemisms, I keep trying and failing to think of how to incorporate this into the Hallowe'en outfit I'm going to wear this evening for, well, absolutely nobody. No Hallowe'en parties at work, nobody's invited us anywhere, I just put on the troll earrings and the spider web t-shirt and the orange "Get Wicked" socks for me and Robin, I guess. Oh, and the kitties.

Everyone's linking to Hallowe'en Hangman (although I first saw it on Moi's page), so can I do differently? Not today, I can't.

0 comments: