Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

I've been sharpening my secretarial skills some more in preparation for interviews. It's so nice that I can do this openly now! Robin suggested I push my résumé link further up my sidebar, which I've now done. Said résumé is updated with my ComicMix info, and I've moved that link further up as well. My newest ComicMix column is up, all about tech toys. Speaking of which, I'm also playing around with Fingerjig, a typing game I found via Digg. It helps slow down my typing speed (which usually hovers around 100 wpm) in favor of greater pinpoint accuracy. At present I can self-correct mistakes faster than most other people can type the words in the first place, but with games like this any mistake slows down speed, and accuracy is never a bad thing! Anybody got any good links to online Excel and PowerPoint tutorials? I need them at least at the intermediate to advanced level. Thanks in advance!

0 comments: