Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

It seems that most of my friends are heading to San Diego today or tomorrow. My boss is going back to Europe for three weeks earlier than expected (a week from Friday), which brings him back earlier than expected. Not much time to job-hunt, but enough time to get my physical therapy taken care of, which I suppose is more important. My column is up on ComicMix; please comment on it there if you're so inclined. It was supposed to be about the difference between falling behind and being left behind, but turned into something else as these things are wont to do.

Maybe we'll go to the movies this weekend; I want to check out the cinemas at the Palisades Center, and of course the conveyor belt sushi place across the way. Say, did you know that smoking is now one of the things the MPAA takes into consideration when assigning movie ratings? It's true. Wouldn't want it to be too glamorous or persuasive, would we? I actually don't mind that it affects ratings, as long as they don't decide to censor it or something. I don't touch the stuff myself, but, well, I guess parents might want to know if the big "S" is involved in a movie, and after all it is a drug even though the government refuses to admit same because they subsidize it so heavily. Cigarette pack generator via Gerard. Now back to work; the next week is not going to be a fun one.

0 comments: